"A compelling synthesis of the current and future trends in biofuels,
with a thorough assessment of actions that must be taken to ensure the
sustainable development of t his industry."
—Amory Lovins. Chairman and Chief Scientist, Rocky Mountain Institute
"An essential treatment of this vital subject."
—Vinod Khosla, founder of Khosla Ventures, USA
"Biofuels for Transport is an insightful and timely study of how
biofuels can reach their potential to strengthen energy security,
promote economic development, and protect the environment. This
much-needed analysis will benefit both policymakers and practitioners".
—Senator Richard Lugar
Biofuels for Transport provides a one-stop resource for understanding
the complete scope of impacts from large scale production of biofuels.
Order your copy today and benefit from this comprehensive research that:
* Assesses the opportunities and risks of the large-scale
production of biofuels
* Demystifies complex technical questions and concerns
* Addresses key environmental, economic and social issues
* Warns of the risks that require focused policy initiatives.
Additionally, Biofuels for Transport offers an overview of international
policies and initiatives with special reports on Brazil, China, Germany,
India and Tanzania.
Use promo code BF20A
Table of Contents
* Status and Global Trends
* New Technologies, Crops and Prospects
* Key Economic and Social Issues
* Key Environmental Issues
* Market Introduction and Technology Strategies
* The Policy Framework
* Recommendations for Decision-Makers
* Country Studies: China, India, Tanzania, Brazil, and Germany
The 38 page extended summary can be downloaded from:
The full publication is also for sale at the WorldWatch Institute.
Check for earlier Pacific Biofuel posts: http://pacbiofuel.blogspot.com/